Glam Vampire Halloween Look – Sppppooookkky…
Hey there, my name is Lizzie, I'm a freelance hair and makeup artist and wanted to share some of this week's work...
I had loads of fun the other day creating a glam wearable Halloween vampire look with CODE Beautiful’s Co Founder Sarah Cross…. If you’re prepping Halloween party looks here is a step-by-step guide please do share your finished looks with us on Facebook!
- When doing a strong eye make-up look, I always start with the eyes as you can clear up any fall out before doing the base.
- I started the eyes by applying By Terry hyaluronic eye primer in number 1 all over the lid
- I then took an small angle brush and created the shape with MAC eye shadow in carbon on the eye lid
- Laura Mercier caviar stick in smoke was then taken all over the eye lid and blended with a fluffy eye brush
- I went underneath the eyes with Kevyn Aucoin eye pencil in basic black and smudged it out with MAC eye shadow in carbon with a pencil brush
- With the Kevyn Aucoin eye pencil in basic black I lined the top and bottom waterline
- I applied concealer to the inner corner of the eye using Laura Mercier secret concealer number 1. I buffed this in with a fluffy eye brush
- The first coat of CODE Beautiful’s CODE VLM mascara was applied to the top and bottom lashes using the fab roots wriggle roll technique
- Now to the skin, Sarah had already applied moisturizer so I went straight in and applied Dr Brant pore refiner playing particular attention to the T-zone
- For foundation I used Laura Mercier silk crème in rose ivory, which was buffed into the skin with a real techniques buffing brush thank you pixi woo!
- Sarah has lovely skin, so just needed a little bit of Laura Mercier secret concealer in SC-2 to cover a couple of blemishes
- To set the foundation I applied Laura Mercier translucent powder
- Now to eyebrows which I defined using Kevyn Aucoin eye brow pencil in brunette with MAC eye shadow in brown using a small angle brush
- The eyes looked like they needed a bit of highlight so with a pencil brush I took MAC eye shadow in white frost and applied it to the inner corner and brow bone
- A second coat of CODE Beautiful’s CODE VLM mascara was applied to the top and bottom lashes again, it’s ace for build-ability !
- Back to the skin now with two Kevyn Aucoin products. To contour the cheekbones I used the sculpting powder in medium and to highlight the tops of the cheekbones I used the celestial powder in candlelight
- For blush I used Laura Mercier crème blush in canyon to the apples of the cheeks
- To get that vampy look to the lips I lined them with Kevyn Aucoin eye pencil in basic black and smudged it inwards with a lip brush
- The main lip colour that was then applied was By Terry rouge terribly in 203
- A little bit of Lipstick Queen big bang gloss in energy was put on top
- Now finally as this is a wearable but dramatic look a third coat of CODE Beautiful CODE VLM mascara was applied to the top lashes for #CODEXXL look!
Happy Halloween peeps, cant wait to see your looks on the CODE Beautiful page… Love Lizzie x