*FREE DELIVERY FROM THE UK* * PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR ORDERS TO REACH YOU-STAY SAFE. COVID-19*
March 16, 2015
Every bride wants to look the most beautiful she has ever looked on her wedding day. One of my most requested looks is of a bride who got married at Blenheim Palace last year - the look is all about flawless skin, soft pretty cheeks and lips and the eyes are all about the gorgeous eyeshadows and long, glossy lashes and CODE Beautiful is my go-to mascara to create amazing lashes for my brides!
Here are my top tips to re-create this makeup look:
1) Start by using a light moisturiser - anything too greasy or heavy can cause makeup to slide off the skin. The Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturiser is perfect
2) A primer is a must - not only does it make your makeup last longer, it smoothes the skin and fills in open pores/ wrinkles. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is one of my favourites.
3) Invest in a good quality foundation - the foundation I used on this bride was Chanel Vitalumiere
4) Choose an under eye concealer to lighten and brighten under the eye area which doesn't dry the skin under the eyes - my choice is Clarins Instant Concealer
5) Opt for a cream blusher rather than a powder one, as it gives the skin more of a dewy 'bridal' glow. I adore the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Creme Rouge Blushers, applied with fingers. I used shade Soft Pink
6) Set your makeup with a light dusting of powder which doesn't make the skin look cakey and dry - i've used the Daniel Sandler Invisible Blotting Powder for years, it's the best!
7) Frame your eyes by perfecting your brows - use powder rather than pencil as it looks softer - Clarins do a great brow palette (called the Eyes and Brows Palette), which has several shades to choose from
8) Now on to the eyes - this look is all about the liner and lashes. When creating this look keep the eyeshadows simple, avoid lots of colours and contouring as it can look too much (and a little old-fashioned). 2 eyeshadows are all you need - just a wash of colour over the eyelid and a lighter colour under the brow. The 2 eyeshadows I used for this look are from Chanel, I used 2 of the Ombre Essentielle shadows - shade GRI-GRI washed across the lid and shade Ivory under the brow bone
9) The eyeliner I used was the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeliner in shade Stay Onyx - I applied it thicker on the upper lashline (using a lip brush) and then a tiny, thin line under the lower lashline
10) If you want gorgeous, glossy lashes like the bride in the photo - curl them first and then apply 3 coats of CODE Beautiful Mascara to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom lashes
11) The soft, pretty pink lip colour was created using the Tom Ford Lip Colour in shade Pink Dusk and the lip gloss was by Clinique - I used the Long Wear Glosswear in shade Tenderheart
Thank you so much Sarah!! xx
Here's a bit of info for you about the fabulous Sarah Brock...
BRITISH VOGUE SAYS "Sarah is the go-to makeup artist for award winning makeup"
CONDE NAST BRIDES MAGAZINE SAYS: "Sarah is the industry leader in freelance bridal makeup"
Known as one of the UK's leading bridal makeup artists, Sarah has been creating the most exquisite makeup looks for over 1,000 brides for years and her skills are highly sought after for weddings nationally and internationally. She has been selected by top Beauty Editors, Journalists, celebrities and wedding industry experts to be the makeup artist for their wedding day and has collaborated with the biggest names in bridal fashion creating the makeup looks for their stunning campaigns. She has created the makeup looks for 23 covers of Conde Nast Brides Magazine as well as numerous fashion/ makeover shoots. Sarah has appeared on Wedding TV sharing her expert advice with brides-to-be and also regularly contributes quotes to the national press as a bridal beauty expert.
These fabulous bridal photos are by Katy Hopewell-Smith.
Comments will be approved before showing up.