You've been curling your lashes wrong this entire time...
The eyelash curler: the most lethal weapon a girl can own – if used right, that is. No one actually teaches you how to use this tool, it’s one of those things you have watch others do and learn for yourself.
Don’t worry, though. CODE has the perfect curling technique covered. Even though our CODE mascara naturally adds curl for lifted, fuller looking lashes – a little bit of help from an eyelash curler never hurt anyone, did it?
Here are a few simple steps on how to use your eyelash curler in the best way:
- Invest in a good eyelash curler. In these circumstances you really do get what you pay for. Those cheap £1 eyelashes curlers really don’t protect your lashes at all and will cause brittle, weak lashes that are prone to breakage. We would argue that a good eyelash curler should set you back about the £12, and will give you better curl, bigger lift and increased protection for your lashes.
- Heat your eyelash curler slightly (not too hot). The perfect way to do this is with your hair dryer. This works to hold the curl in for longer and gives a much better effect. Remember, your curler should just be a little bit warm – applying hot metal anywhere near your eyes is a BIG no-no.
- Curl your eyelashes naturally without any mascara on. Curling once you’ve used mascara can be dangerous, as if the mascara is dry it can snap the lashes.
- Although it’s not advised to curl your lashes with mascara, curling them with your primer or CODE #FFL Lash Plumper is perfectly fine. Lash primer is a lot more flexible and can take the curl.
- Hold your lash in the curler for 10-15 seconds. When releasing the curler, leave your lashes for an extra 10 seconds to cool down and leave that curl to settle.
- You are now ready to apply your mascara (CODE #VLM, of course).
Now you can use your eyelash curler with confidence. The secret to perfect lashes lies with CODE.
No lies, no damaging chemicals - just the facts and the hacks we have discovered over years of being lash crazy!
Ready for more beauty insider tips? Become a CODE VIP, join the CODE revolution and cut through the noise in the beauty industry. We want to share our knowledge with you.
Join the CODE revolution and see for yourself.